I'm David, thank you for coming to my site to learn a little bit more about me. I am currently working as Product Manager of Web Applications for Christopher Guy at our Global HQ in Singapore. My career has seen me pass through pretty much every conceivable arena of design, ranging from traditional web and print, to dynamic platforms such as self-service kiosks and mobile applications. During the time at my first two employment posts, from 1997-2003, I worked closely with a multitude of private and public sector companies who were at that time taking their first steps onto an online environment. Some projects were considered ahead of their time, such as our interactive self-automated store-front for BT Cellnet. Proceeding those two posts a short stint at running my own business was then followed by a five-year tenure working in the education sector of Lancashire County Council. Changes in my personal life then opened the doors for a move to Singapore, where I had spent my first six-months working with a digital marketing agency for clients such as Dell, Cisco, HP and Singtel. After arriving at Christopher Guy as graphic designer my responsibilities then evolved into guiding a small group of artists and developers in the creation of our room planner, moodboard, and project management portal, which are all due to be officially launched next Summer. As well as providing support and guidance I have been personally managing the user experience of these tools, as well as applying my knowledge of Flash and HTML to direct the technology and back-end. That's my career history in a nutshell! I hope you will find that this brief introduction describes a graphic design and usability professional with the experience, skills and extreme enthusiasm to meet or exceed your team's requirements. Yours faithfully, David Fallows.
• Graphics design, prototyping and product/project management for the IT department covering projects such as the website redesign, and interactive moodboards and room planners.• Graphics design for the marketing department creating collaterals such as EDMs, brochures, PPT presentations, invitations, magazine advertisements and event materials. • Video editing and effects generation for periodic public video releases, featurettes, and big screens at trade shows.
• Management and creation of a wide range of marketing projects and deliverables for IT corporations such as Cisco Systems, HP, Dell, and IBM. • Played an integral part of the entire production process spectrum; from meeting and brainstorming with clients at the pitching stage through to eventual project scheduling and costing, team management, task delegation, client servicing, content creation and final delivery.
• Design and maintenance of the centre’s website and VLE (online Virtual Learning Environment) • Production of interactive learning materials for external government education initiatives. • Creation and delivery of ICT new media courses and lectures at the centre, covering all aspects of new media from film and video to internet and print.
• The co-management of our small private internet production company. • Sourcing new clients through to production and final publication of works, further maintenance and support .
• Design and development of interactive front-end navigation systems for internet, in-store touch screen self-service kiosks, and DVD menu and title graphics for many blue-chip clients such as BT Cellnet (now O²), Blackpool Sandcastle and Blackburn Rovers Football Club. • Supervising two apprentices’ workflow and providing support when required.
• Production of vivid graphic designs and animations during the birth of the mainstream internet for a then pioneering local computer systems and business only internet service provider. • Implementation of the Macromedia Flash suite.
• Supplied the rendering department with a constant stream of seamless texture libraries, a lot of these samples can be found on the N64 game 'Jet Force Gemini'. • Created UV-mapped artwork for custom meshes upon request. • Assisted with logo concepts and styling for then upcoming, unannounced releases.
BTEC NVQs 3 & 4, IT.